Choose a Language
There is no cost to submit an application or attend one of our schools – Success Academy Charter Schools are free public schools open to New York State residents.
The scholar application for the 2017-18 school year will be available this October. Register here to be notified when the application is live.
Presentar una solicitud o asistir a una de nuestras escuelas es totalmente gratuito. Success Academy Charter Schools son escuelas públicas gratuitas abiertas a los residentes del estado de Nueva York.
Regístrese aqui para ser notificado cuando la solicitud para el año escolar 2017-18 volverá a estar disponible.
Determine if Your Child is Eligible
To apply your child must be:
- Four years old by December 31, 2016 to qualify for Pre-K.
- Five years old by December 31, 2016 to qualify for Kindergarten.
- Grade-eligible (having successfully completed a full year in the immediately preceding grade) to apply for 1st – 4th grade.
The Success Academy schools below are accepting applications for the following grades this year.
- Pre-K*: Harlem 1, Union Square, Cobble Hill, Williamsburg, Bensonhurst
- Kindergarten: All schools
- 1st Grade: All schools
- 2nd Grade: Bronx 1-4, Harlem 1-5, Upper West, Union Square, Hell’s Kitchen, Washington Heights, Bensonhurst, Bergen Beach, Bed-Stuy 1-2, Cobble Hill, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Fort Greene, Prospect Heights, Rosedale, Springfield Gardens
- 3rd Grade: Bronx 1-4, Harlem 1-5, Upper West, Union Square, Hell’s Kitchen, Washington Heights, Bed-Stuy 1-2, Cobble Hill, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Fort Greene, Prospect Heights, Bensonhurst, Bergen Beach, Rosedale, Springfield Gardens
- 4th Grade: Bronx 1-3, Harlem 1-5, Upper West, Union Square, Hell’s Kitchen, Bed-Stuy 1-2, Cobble Hill, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Fort Greene, Prospect Heights
*Pre-K locations are subject to change
Gather Required Information
In order to complete the application you will need to provide:
- Your phone number and address where applicant resides
- Your relationship to the child
- The applicant’s name, gender, and birthdate
- The applicant’s entering/apply grade for 2016-17 school year
- The name of applicant’s current school (if he or she is currently enrolled in a school)
- Names of enrolled or applying siblings of the applicant
- Success Academy school(s) interested in applying to
You may apply to any or all of the schools in our network that your child is eligible for (see Eligibility). We encourage you to apply to the school(s) closest to your home or most convenient for school drop off and pick up.
Complete The Application
Submitting your application online is the easiest way to apply to a Success Academy school for your child. If you apply online, you can submit an application for all siblings in one session. You may also log in to your account later and make changes to your contact information, add schools, add other adults or apply for additional children. Online applicants receive a confirmation email once an application has been submitted. You can also submit a paper application for your child by mail or at any of our existing school locations.
If you submit a paper application, you will need to submit a separate application for each applying child. To make changes to your application after submitting, please e-mail the updated information to email@example.com or call Enrollment at 646.472.1911. The method by which you apply has no impact on your lottery placement.
All eligible applications submitted are automatically entered into our Lottery – no further step is needed. The Success Academy lottery will be conducted in early April at a Success Academy school. Attendance is not mandatory, as results will not be distributed that day.
The lottery is completely random with select preferences built in.
Lottery preferences are provided for:
- Siblings of current or accepted students
- Children of Success Academy Employees
- Applicants who reside within the Community School District (CSD) of an applied school
- English Language Learnings*
*English Language Learners will receive a weighted preference in the lottery
Applicants who apply by April 1st will receive notification of lottery results by mail in mid-April. Subsequent acceptances, via waitlist pulls, will be relayed to families by telephone and/or e-mail. All results will be accessible online in late April. There are two possible outcomes from the lottery – acceptance or placement on the waitlist.
Acceptance & Enrollment
If you are granted a seat based on your random lottery number, you will receive information about how to enroll your child. You will need to confirm that your child will be joining us in the Fall, as well as attend a few events to help prepare your child for the first day of school.
If your child is not accepted during the initial lottery (as determined by his or her random lottery number), he or she will be placed on our waitlist. We will provide as much information as possible on the likelihood of your child receiving a seat. Many children are accepted off the waitlist each year. We update the wait list regularly and will notify you if your child becomes accepted. The application is closed in early September.